SVM is looking for an India-based Algorithm Developer with a recognized background in computer science to help the team design, develop, validate and deploy decision-support tools.
A strong work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills are as important as being a team player who enjoys learning and teaching.
Job Experience and Education Requirements
SVM requires applicants to meet the following education requirements and have ample job experience as listed below:
- 2+ years
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
Duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Interacting and engaging with product managers, business partners and clients to understand business requirements
- Formulating and develop mathematical models, algorithm designs and simulations to solve complex planning, scheduling and routing problems for the shipping industry
- Implementing prototypes and evaluating results with real-life data
- Taking your ideas through a full lifecycle: design, implement, test and release
- Balancing complexity, execution time and memory footprint to deliver performant solutions
- Assisting to establish a viable architecture and data and process workflows as required to deploy the optimizers in production
- Collaborating closely with your agile team members and other stakeholders
- Learning and studying new techniques in addition to sharing this learning with the team and encouraging good practices
- The ability to be a self-starter and critical thinker
- The ability and desire to learn new skills as required or provided by the team
SVM requires applicants to have worked with the following:
- Data structures
- Object-oriented development
- Distributed applications
- Client-server architecture
- Operations Research
- Artificial Intelligence
- Industrial Engineering
It is also preferred that applicants should have technical experience and skills in the following areas:
- 0-5 years of experience prototyping and developing software in Python
- Experience with Python libraries for numerical methods (NumPy, Pandas)
- Working knowledge of exact methods (integer programming), approximation algorithms, and heuristics is a definite plus
- Knowledge of optimization modeling packages like PuLP, PYOMO, CVXPY, and solvers like CPLEX/Gurobi would be considered a plus
- Strong computer science fundamentals such as algorithms, data structures, multithreading, object-oriented development, distributed applications, client-server architecture, databases
- Experience in collaborative software development environment (version tracking with Git, code reviews)
- The ability to write clean, maintainable, tested and shippable production code
- A comprehensive knowledge of Cloud, CI/CD tools, and scalable platforms (as a member of the team you will have significant influence on the direction of our technology stack)
- Experience working under agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a collaborative environment is required
SVM Perks & Career Opportunities:
SVM applicants that we successfully hire will gain the following benefits:
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, high-performing, funded startup.
- Competitive Salary + Substantial performance-related bonus.
- Opportunity to execute an ambitious vision of rethinking the future of mobility.
- Friendly and high performing team environment
Solverminds is a leading global technology company providing enterprise resource management solutions, consulting and data analytics services to a maritime industry where business meets the technology. The vision of the company is to develop a “Truly” integrated Enterprise Application Suite for the liner shipping company. Deeper domain expertise and advanced technology platforms offer a complete range of technology products for liner operations management, ship management, agency management, and advanced analytics.
Solverminds is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
COVID-19: The health & safety of our team, candidates, and our community are very important to us. Please note, only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted with their application.