SVM is looking for a motivated DevOps Engineer who has a minimum of 2 to 3 years of work experience
Job Experience and Education Requirements
SVM requires applicants to meet the following education requirements and have ample job experience as listed below:
- Demonstrated experience in various aspects of automation with in cloud environments
- Approximately 2+ years of related work experience as DevOps or Build & Release engineer
- Industry standard certifications in applicable specialty or related technology areas desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer applications or relevant
- Certifications relevant to the job requirements will be valued
Duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Active driver for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) based application development
- Understanding, learning and applying new automated build, test and deployment capabilities and help develop project teams towards integrating such solutions
- Expand awareness, knowledge and experience on automation with in CI/CD pipelines
- Design, propose, facilitate organizational and process improvements as needed for supporting automation and DevOps.
- Extensive hands-on experience with GIT, Sonar and Linux administration.
- Participate in the design of service automation in cloud towards Infrastructure-as-code and engineering of new cloud/on-prem technologies
- Central to obtaining and processing requirements in order to transform application delivery for cloud in an agile fashion
- Leader of orchestration in cloud using Infrastructure-as-code while providing self-service capabilities to various teams and support functions.
- Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining projects during the transition to production.
- Input into internal and external organizations towards development of standards as well as efficiencies
- Provide input into product selection and standards, design, and certification
- Adheres to engineering methodologies and architecture global standards.
- Provide feedback regarding development and engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices.
- Identifies potential points of contention for missed activities and notify leadership of situation with possible solutions.
- Involve and drive organization’s evolution towards DevOps and Agile Transformation
- Execution of process engineering and operational improvement initiatives for automation tooling focused on cloud
- Resolve and act as escalation and coordination point for incidents and problems related to affected automation
- Requirements gathering for design, development and deployment
- Root cause analysis and improvement solutions
- Executing scheduled or unscheduled automation in support of other technology domains
- Performing audits and analysis of existing products for the purpose of ensuring proper configuration management and consistency.
- Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities
- Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications and use accordingly.
- Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team structure, but also independently
- Ability to work with 3rd party vendors (i.e. Microsoft, Amazon, etc) for escalation of issues
- Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Communicates fluently orally and in writing and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to make key decisions as they relate to service disruptions and problems
- Ability to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively
- Outstanding management, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Ability to perform analysis of metrics, data, and key performance indicators (KPI) for the purpose of making decisions around staffing, capacity, and processes
SVM requires applicants to have the following experience:
- Strong skillset and experience establishing CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins and Azure DevOps.
- Strong skillset on integrating and operating Static and Dynamic Code Scans for security testing, OpenSource Code Scan with pipelines
- Hands on experience with Python scripting
- Strong skillset on integrating Automated Function and Performance tests with in Azure DevOps pipelines
- Background on automated packaging and deployment of infrastructure and applications via Jenkins/Azure DevOps pipelines
- Skills and experience in Azure along with scripting and development
- Ability to provision, monitor, optimize and scale Azure infrastructure using API’s
- Knowledge and/or experience on designing, developing, deploying, and CI/CD in a DevOps environment
- Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes and other types of Microservices and Container technologies highly preferred
- Experience with application load balancing solutions for scaling and HA is a plus
- Operationg system administration knowledge is a plus
- General Networking skills expected
- Interest and ability to learn other technologies and tools as needed
- On-hands experience with various Microsoft and open-source based platforms is a plus (such as IIS, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, etc.)
- Flexibility in scheduling with a willingness to work extra non-standard hours on occasion
- Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, global team structure, but also independently
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet agreed deadlines, with demonstrable productivity
- Experience in working in waterfall, scrum and kanban projects
Solverminds is a leading global technology company providing enterprise resource management solutions, consulting and data analytics services to a maritime industry where business meets the technology. The vision of the company is to develop a “Truly” integrated Enterprise Application Suite for the liner shipping company. Deeper domain expertise and advanced technology platforms offer a complete range of technology products for liner operations management, ship management, agency management, and advanced analytics.
Solverminds is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
COVID-19: The health & safety of our team, candidates, and our community are very important to us. Please note, only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted with their application.