We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Operation Research Analyst who can join our team in Chennai. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in mathematical optimization to help the team in design, develop, validate and deploy decision support tools.
What will make you successful:
- Strong theoretical background and some practical experience in various Operations Research techniques such as: Mathematical programming (Linear Programming, Mixed Integer Programming), Heuristic/Metaheuristic algorithms and Stochastic modelling
- Strong experience of optimization software such as CPLEX, GUROBI, or Xpress
- Experience prototyping and developing solutions in traditional programming languages (Python, Java, C++)
- Experience with optimization modeling packages such as PuLP, PYOMO, CVXPY
- Experience in collaborative software development environment (version tracking with Git, code reviews)
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, tested and shippable production code
- Ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to technical and non-technical audience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and experience working in a collaborative environment is required.
- Master or PhD in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field.
How you will contribute:
- Interact with product manager, business partners and clients to understand business requirements
- Formulate and develop mathematical models, algorithm designs and simulation to solve complex planning, scheduling and routing problems for the shipping industry
- Implement prototypes and evaluate results with real-life data
- Take your ideas through full lifecycle: design, implement, test and release
- Balance complexity, execution time and memory footprint to deliver performant solutions
- Help in establishing a viable architecture, and data and process workflows required to deploy the optimizers in production
- Collaborate closely with your agile team members and other stakeholders
- Study upcoming techniques and encourage good practices to bring into the team
- Demonstrate ability to be a self-starter and critical thinker
- Learn new skills as required or provided by the team
Solverminds is a leading global technology company providing enterprise resource management solutions, consulting and data analytics services to a maritime industry where business meets the technology. The vision of the company is to develop a “Truly” integrated Enterprise Application Suite for the liner shipping company. Deeper domain expertise and advanced technology platforms offer a complete range of technology products for liner operations management, ship management, agency management, and advanced analytics.
Solverminds is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
COVID-19: The health & safety of our team, candidates, and our community are very important to us. Please note, only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted with their application.