We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Project Manager – Japanese who can join our team in Chennai. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Project management and excellent communication in Japanese.
What will make you successful:
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in IT project management
- Previous experience as a project coordinator for customer implementation projects with experience in the Marine, Ship Management or Shipping domain is not mandatory, it would be highly preferred
- Strong communication skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively with a team
- Must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Relevant certifications, such as PMP or Prince 2, are valued
- JLPT Certification or its equivalent of N3 and above, Read and write in Japanese
How you will contribute:
- Managing the entire customer onboarding process and implementing relevant IT solutions
- Collaborating with customers to create a project plan that outlines the project’s scope, milestones, deliverables, release schedule, and other relevant details
- Ensuring that the project is delivered effectively and meets the customer’s expectations
- Managing the project’s activities to achieve its business objectives.
- Monitoring and tracking project execution to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Identifying and managing the resources required for project execution, including skill sets, training plans, quality reviews, documentation, and weekly meetings
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to meet customer needs
- Improving customer relationships by responding to their inquiries promptly and accurately
- Validating the project plan and schedule to incorporate any changes requested by customers
- Coordinating calls, meetings, and communications between customers and the project team throughout the project implementation phase.
- Providing regular updates on the project status, schedule, and key issues to customers and management
- Conducting negotiations on project activities with customers when necessary
- Maintaining and updating a database of project-related documents.
- Keeping management informed about customer needs and business opportunities
- Serving as the primary point of contact for stakeholders in both English and Japanese
- Translating documents and facilitating meetings in both languages as needed
- Ensuring clear and effective communication between team members, clients, and other stakeholders
Solverminds is a leading global technology company providing enterprise resource management solutions, consulting and data analytics services to a maritime industry where business meets the technology. The vision of the company is to develop a “Truly” integrated Enterprise Application Suite for the liner shipping company. Deeper domain expertise and advanced technology platforms offer a complete range of technology products for liner operations management, ship management, agency management, and advanced analytics.
Solverminds is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
COVID-19: The health & safety of our team, candidates, and our community are very important to us. Please note, only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted with their application.